Monday, October 6, 2014

I just like to smile, smiling is my favorite- ELF

Today as I had just ate breakfast I realized wow it's been 2 months since I've posted on here and a lot of things have happen since then so I will try and update you all to everything that I can at least remember :)

August
                 It was quite a busy month for me. I was asked by one of my mom's really good friends to house sit while they sailed the ocean blue, of course I said yes because not only are they the sweetest people you will ever come in contact with but they also have by far the sweetest most loving dogs ever. The entire 2 weeks I was there I hardly ever felt like the dogs were there, never heard a peep from them. EVER. If I did then I knew it was something serious, or the yard guys had come. :)
During that time when I was speaking to my grandma on the phone I told her I realized that I never ever want to live alone. It's boring, lonely, and just not fun. I'm to much of a people person. The Saturday before they came home, my back starting hurting and I was thinking, no no not again, come on back don't let me down now. Sure enough I couldn't take it, so I came home went to the ER got me some pain medicine and headed back home. I sent Trevor out to their house to stay a couple days since I obviously couldn't drive while "under the influence of narcotics" haha he ending up staying until Monday. They came home on Tuesday night and I'm sure the kiddo's (dogs) were so excited to see them.
After all that I decided that I needed to go to the dentist because I was told after I had my wisdom teeth removed to come back and see him so we could discuss what we wanted to do about my teeth. I scheduled an appointment and went on my way. While there Dr. Filbeck and I discussed the options I had for my ugly yellow, damaged front teeth. We talked for a good hour and decided the best way to do this is Porcelain Crowns instead of Veneers. I told him I could care less which teeth I got I just wanted white teeth. 
It was finally settled, Crowns it was. I scheduled an appointment to start the process the second week in September. I was soooo excited. I thought I would've been nervous but nope, the excitement overpowered the nervousness. :) 

August 22nd
An extremely hot Friday was the day of my mom's summer work party. It happens every year and I absolutely LOVE it! This year the company had it at the Dallas Zoo, we had the Zoo to ourselves all 200 of us give or take on the number. It was so hot yet so much fun, we saw Lions, Tigers, and no bears! haha we were at the zoo from 5pm up until bout 9 or 10pm. Needless to say when we got home I was so tired, hot, nasty gross that I immediately headed to take a cool shower.
The next night I was watching the news and they had "breaking news" pop up, they said out of the Dallas Zoo, the Lioness attacked the zoo keeper. I'm like oh great, luckily it wasn't when we were there. haha
This is our holy heck it's hot but hello lil Giraffe look.

Weekend of August 30th. 
Oh lordy was that intense. My mom and I were out shopping mid day for Kristin's birthday the following week when the one and only E-Wizzle (aka Erin my nurse) called. I instantly thought oh no something is wrong, she doesn't ever call me. I answer and she's like hey are you coming to Katie's (my other nurse) bridal shower, I said um yeah? She goes well it's at 2 (i think) and Katie isn't even here yet, I said omgsh I thought it was at 3! So we left the store asap and headed to her shower in Dallas. Of course we were late so we walked in while everyone was eating (AWKWARD) I ended up sitting next to her mom. Katie has some of the nicest, most sweetest family and friends I've met. I was so honored that she invited me. She of course looked gorgeous as always!
After we left the shower we then had to go to Blake's birthday party. He was turning the big 8! I didn't stay long because I wasn't feeling so good, so I just did a kinda drop off the present and run thing. 

Sunday: 
Kristin decided that she was going to have her family birthday shindig today since her real birthday fell on a weekday, not only that school had started and she didn't really have time to have a "party". We all had kind of a late lunch early dinner at JeJe's and it was delicious as well as fun. I love love spending time with my best friend. There is no words in this world that could describing the love & friendship she has given me for 25 years. I love her so much, she's always there for me no matter what the circumstances are, even though she is so busy with her life, marriage, and career she will drop anything if I need her. :)
I got her this 3ft. wine glass & filled it with 25 gifts that she can actually use. lol



*September*
At last we have reached the month of September, the month in which the heat finally starts simmering down, the trees start changing colors, and the cool weather approaches. My favorite time is fall & winter. :)
Needless to say this was quite a long month, only because it was my mom's Sabbatical and the first day of it we did so much that we thought okay now what? haha 

Dentist Time
September 8th was the first of 3 appointments to start my crown process! I had to be at the dentist by 8 am that morning, and if you know me then you are fully aware at how I am NOT a morning person. However I sucked it up and went because I was excited! I was there for a 2-3 hours. He numbed my entire face, drilled all my teeth down, then put on my temporary crowns. It was one of the weirdest feelings ever, not only that my teeth weren't YELLOW. I was so happy I didn't even know what to think, he told me that the permanents will be more white, straighter and smoother. In my mind I thought he was crazy, how could they look any better than they do now? It's impossible, he doesn't know what he's talking about. haha well sure enough he completely knew what he was talking about because when I went to my second appointment on the 15th, he applied my permanents and I could have cried but I didn't. They looked amazing, for the first time in my life I had white teeth, yes they are fake but I sure as heck don't care as long as they weren't dentures. ;-) I haven't been able to stop smiling since. They always say smiling shows confidence but in my case who would want to smile with teeth that were so damaged. I mean yes I had a good excuse because it was from all the malnutrition, being a mouth breather, but you can't tell every person you run into "hey my teeth are yellow because blah blah blah" so the entire time I was being judged once again. I don't care what you say it was true, there are a lot of judgmental people in this world and no matter what you say, you do care what others think, it's in your nature. 
I feel like now that my teeth are all pretty & white I can do anything I want to in life. 
 The picture above is my temporary crowns.


......this are my permanents, can you say gorgeous teeth?

From September 17th through the 21st my mom & I traveled to Atlanta, Georgia to see Garth Brooks in concert. I surprised her with the tickets a few weeks prior, so we barely had time enough to pack and fly or at least that's how I felt. I'm a very organized packer in the fact that I make a list a month in advance so I don't forget anything, and this time I felted so rushed haha. When we arrived little did we know that the hotel we stayed at (which was very nice, clean, great ratings) was in the "hood" of ATL. Heck we didn't know, but I will say it was quite an experience. Even though the hotel area was sketching we only slept there, most of our time we spent driving everywhere! Oh and FYI traffic in the ATL goes on 24/7 there are no break periods, 2am traffic, 2pm traffic, every hour TRAFFIC!! It took 20 minutes just to go 5 miles, I've never been good at math but I sure as heck know that don't add up! 
Most Scary Moment: 
I called the hotel lobby asking who had the best pizza, he said best pizza, I said no I mean like where can I order it, he said nah it's called Best Pizza it's just down the road (yeah 15min) okay cool thanks! I called them, the lady answer watchu want? I said do y'all have pineapple pizza? The lady said ummm we gots pizza dat you can put da pineapple on.... (okay rude, I was VERY nice to her though) I said yeah i'm sorry that's what I meant, can I get a small pizza. mmmhmm dat it? I said yes ma'am. aight be ready in 5. Lol okay cool no problem. We arrived at the pizza place only to realize it was in a worse part of town, the barbershop next door was still "open" at 1am and all the boys were outside just a chatting (or so I hope). Mom was about to have a heart attack, I went in and the lady looked at me like what in the heck are you doing here? I handed the lady my $5 through a hole (since it was all incased with bullet proof glass) then she handed my pizza through another hole in which only the pizza box could fit...... haha all in all it was good pizza, would I get it again um no thank you. 
While in Atlanta we went to the Georgia Aquarium which was pretty awesome, if I say so myself. Then Saturday we went to the Coca Cola Bottling Factory, it was so cool! They give you a glass bottle of coke when you leave, which they should for the price we paid to get in there! (I drank it yesterday, best coke ever! Not super sweet and acidy like can coke)
The best part of the trip was in fact the concert. We had to walk like 3 miles and there were 50 million people everywhere in what they call Midtown Atlanta. The reasoning behind millions of people was well, Garth Brooks was doing back to back concerts that night, 6:30pm & 10:30pm, they had the College Football game going on, the BET awards, and well as Midtown Music Festival, so whoever planned that was stupid! So, that Saturday the concert ended about 9 or 9:30 (which in my opinion isn't enough spacing) we stopped to get something to drink, the waited in traffic for a good 2 hours (no joke) then got back to the hotel, packed all our stuff up, then basically ate all the food in the hotel that we had bought, and by the time we got to lay down it was about 12:30 and we had to get up at 3:30am to take the rental car back & all that jazz. I got about an hour of sleep maybe. I was exhausted and ready for my OWN bed!

These are just a few pictures from our trip:













That's all for now, I know I say this every time but I'm going to TRY and keep up with this. If I don't then well I don't know. lol 

Here's to October, a month of milestones, life changing events, cooler weather, and closer to Christmas! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment